EFILive Release Notes
· Firmware: V3.00.108
· Boot Block: V3.00.006
· Firmware: V2.08.194
· Boot Block: V2.08.009
EFILive V8 Software
· A40 operating system checksum now displays an appropriate description, based on whether or not the operating system is included in the tune file.
· Updated the Cummins unlock algorithm to handle some odd-ball controllers that were incorrectly reporting "locked with a custom key".
· The controller's standard seed/key values are now displayed on the [F3: Tune] -> [F2: Read] -> [Lock/Unlock] tab page.
· If any line in a *.cax8 file contained just spaces the *.cax8 file would fail to load with error "List index out of bounds".
· Added AutoCal/FlashScan connection selection icons to the bottom right of the Tune window to make it easier to swap between AutoCal and FlashScan devices prior to reading/flashing a controller.
· Added AutoCal/FlashScan connection selection icons to the bottom right of the Licenses window to make it easier to swap between AutoCal and FlashScan devices when managing licenses.
· When opening the tune window, the connected device is no longer automatically changed to FlashScan. If an AutoCal was connected prior to opening the tune window, then the AutoCal remains connected once the tune window is open.
· Fixed fault when reading E35 (LBZ/LMM) controllers that would result in an "Index Out of Range" error.
FlashScan/AutoCal V3 Firmware
· Version synchronization.
· Fixed CAN bus capture option which could fail if/when an unknown CAN module transmitted unexpectedly on the CAN bus.
· Re-designed USB retry algorithm to mitigate old/buggy Windows USB drivers on some laptops. The buggy Windows USB drivers could cause USB messages to be lost which in turn could cause errors $0101 and $0322 to be reported. Updating Windows USB drivers can also help to minimize $0101 and $0322 errors.
· No changes.
FlashScan/AutoCal V2 Firmware
· No changes.
· Added flashing support for updated E41 controllers.
· Added support for A40 operating system level 7A7.
· Added editing support for CM2350A operating system 09401385.
· Added B0730 and B0733 to E86 for managing boost DTC P2263.
· Added B1208 to E86 for VGT.
· Added editable row axis (Hz) for E35B MAF table B0205.
· Added MAF frequency limits for E35B.
· Fixed calibration B0184 in E80 operating systems: 12673258, 12676181, 12678940, 12677562, 12679812, 12681388 and 12681319.
· Added E41 torque check sum corrections for operating system 12730512.
Added editing support for CMD operating system:
Note: There is no EFILive CSP5 custom operating system upgrade for 22100539. If you need CSP5 functionality you will need to stay with the previous operating system version 22100538 and its CSP5 upgrade 52100538.
· Added editing support for CM2350A operating system: 23701862.
· Added editing support for E80 operating system: 12707638.
Limitation #1: When logging DMA PIDs (i.e.,
PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition
is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is
not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log
automatically continues. However, the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
Workaround: EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.
Limitation #2: When opening CMF (CM2450B) Cummins 2022 tune files, the EFILive software will complain with the following message:
cannot determine some OS specific data.
Most likely because the data is from a controller that has
not yet been added to the EFILive software.
Please email the file to firstname.lastname@example.org for analysis.
That is expected and the message may be ignored. We have only added the option to open CMF 2022 stock files so that EFILive can flash stock files. EFILive cannot be used to update the check sums of modified files. Modified files cannot be flashed. You do not need to email the file to EFILive.
Ignore the message if you are opening and flashing a 100% stock tune file. Do not attempt to flash a modified file, it will fail at the end of the flash and the vehicle will be left in a no-start condition until a stock file is flashed in.