EFILive V7.5 and V8 Release Notes
September 2019 - Beta Release - 2
· V7.5 Software: V7.5.29
· V8 Software: V8.2.25
· FlashScan/AutoCal Firmware: V2.07.141 (Sep 19, 2019)
· FlashScan/AutoCal Boot Block: V2.07.008 (July 4, 2018)
Updates and changes since June 2019 - Public Release
· CMF - added tuning support for CM2450B controller.
Cummins Heavy Duty
· E39 - updates to existing operating systems.
· E78 - support for new operating systems.
· E80 - support for new operating systems & updates to existing operating systems.
· E82 – support for new operating system.
· E84 - support for new operating system.
· E92 - support for new operating system & updates to existing operating systems.
· E98 - support for new operating system.
· Updated Dodge Cummins flash process to reduce the posibility of $0371 errors.
· When a calibration is defined in a *.cax file using a floating point data type (FLT) and the inverse option, the minimum and maximum range for the calibration were automatically set to the wrong values. That caused all values in the calibration to display as zero.
· Added full flash for GM E81 and E82 Controllers.
· Controller Auth code now validates the physical controller against the selected controller ID when the read function commences to ensure only valid auth-codes are generated.
· When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However, the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
Workaround: EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.
· When Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and a PID is selected from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), (i.e. RPM) then when the log file is opened in the V8 software for viewing, the TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
Workaround: None. It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available.
· Software maintenance and internal updates only.
· Updated Cummins 2010-2018 Quick Start.pdf
· Added Cummins 2019+ Quick Start.pdf
· Updated Controller Authorization.pdf
Updated Problems Reading a
Updated Problems Flashing a