EFILive V7.5 and V8 Release Notes
Aug 2018 - Beta #4 Release
· V7.5 Software: V7.5.23
· V8 Software: V8.2.19
· FlashScan/AutoCal Firmware: V2.07.136 (Aug 28, 2018)
· FlashScan/AutoCal Boot Block: V2.07.008 (July 4, 2018)
Updates and changes since Aug 2018 - Beta #3 Release
Cummins Heavy Duty
· CM2350A - Added support for 4 new operating systems.
· CM2250 - Added support for 2 new operating systems.
· Added many new OS's for existing controllers.
· Initial release of support for CM2150 and CM2150E operating systems.
· E39 - enhancements to existing operating systems.
· E78 - enhancements to existing operating systems.
· E92 - support for new operating systems including support for the 2019 Corvette Z06 and bug fixes to existing operating systems.
· E80 - updates to existing operating systems.
· E81 - updates to existing operating systems.
· E82 - updates to existing operating systems.
· E84 - updates to existing operating systems.
· E92 - updates to existing operating systems.
· E39 - enhancements to operating system 12663375.
· E78 - enhancements to operating systems 12669124, 12646746, 12677542 and 12656286.
· E80 - support for 4 new operating systems and enhancements to existing operating systems.
· E92 - added support for operating systems 12686744, 12677012 and updated OS 12677878
· E98 - support for 2018 Chevrolet Equinox/GMC Terrain 1.6L
· E98 - added support for operating system 55503870.
· When displaying a user defined cax definition, if the data scaling offset is non zero (and greater than 1.5) then the message: "Axis Minimum Value must be <= Maximum." may be displayed and the cax definition will not load correctly.
· US EPA restricted calibrations were not displayed and/or restricted correctly under some circumstances.
· The "Allow calibration values to exceed recommended limits." option was not being applied to individual property calibrations.
· Fixed table B7017 not displaying correctly for E78 OS 12654014. Can also cause a failure when opening an E78 tune file, with error "Bad bin file" or "Invalid floating point operation".
· Added controller read and flash for Cummins HD controllers CM850, CM870 and CM875.
· EFILive has implemented a method that no longer requires third party methods of removing the Digital Signature via OEM 3 Plug Connector for CM2350B controllers. The EFILive ECM flash process now manages this function through the OBD-II port.
· Bench flashing for CM2100 and CM2200 controllers no longer requires the BootRSA Patch file process. The EFILive ECM flash process now manages this function through the OBD-II port. In vehicle flashing for CM2100 and CM2200 controllers still requires the BootRSA patch file process.
· Added controller read for Cummins HD controllers CM871 & CM876.
· If a folder or file name template contains dot characters, they are all replaced by underscore characters to prevent confusion with file name extensions and/or "." and ".." special folder names.
· Added option [F8: Tools]->[F6: Bulk Files]->[Collate] to collate scan and tune files based on various data such as VIN, OS and ECM type.
· Added pass-thru and BBX full-flashing for LS1A controllers.
· Added option to export all or selected logged data to *.csv files.
Added command line options when
gang-programming devices to:
- update the FlashScan/AutoCal firmware,
- set AutoCal's maximum VIN licenses,
- link/unlink AutoCal devices,
- set/unset the AutoCal "Can Self-Sign" option.
· Added option for pass-thru scanning of user defined PIDs for generic CAN controllers based on CAN IDs $7E0..$7E7.
· Some editing options for the scan tool maps did not properly support the undo/redo and copy/paste procedures, resulting in some properties' values being set/unset incorrectly when performing those procedures.
· During pass-thru logging, externally logged data from the serial port was being recorded into the wrong PIDs. Black box logging was not affected.
· When changing the display units of scan tool map data PIDs to something other than the default/metric units, the color gradient of the mapped data did not match the selected units. Instead the color gradient was incorrectly being computed on the default/metric units.
· Modifying a unit's default precision in Edit->Properties->General->Units, then selecting "Restore" would not restore the precision back to its original value.
· Units defined with a dot in the "Singular" column (to indicate that the plural and singular descriptions are the same) would show up with a "user customized" icon even if they were not customized.
· When using a Pro License to full-flash an incompatible operating system, the Pro option to override the incompatibility was not being presented.
· After reading a tune file the version number stored in the tune file and displayed here: [F3: Tune]->[F4: Properties]->[File Information]->[Calibration Source] was formatted/displayed incorrectly. A value such as V8.02.17.375 was being incorrectly formatted/displayed as V0.08.02.017
· When using EFILive Explorer to re-program the boot block incorrectly with a firmware image, the error message now correctly displays error $0083 "Boot block is the wrong size.", instead of "File not found.".
· When using EFILive Explorer to re-program the firmware incorrectly with a boot block image, the error message $008E "Attempt to overwrite firmware with an older version." is displayed and instead of crashing, the FlashScan or AutoCal device will now reboot and return to the previous mode that it was in (dead-poll or running) before the failed attempt.
· When pasting emailed conversion codes into [F7: Licenses]->[F5: Convert], the blank lines (added by some email clients) were not being discarded which caused conversions to fail.
· If a remote user defined key was specified in a tune file but the target ECM's was using a stock manufacturer key, then the unlock process would fail without correctly attempting to use the manufacturer's key - causing the controller to be incorrectly reported as locked with a custom key.
· The command line option would incorrectly display a dialog showing "Device has changed from AutoCal to AutoCal" when gang-programming more than one AutoCal.
· The command line option would fail with an Access Violation when used to gang-program AutoCals.
· Allow user defined DMA PIDs to be defined for controllers that do not already have existing DMA PIDs defined.
· PID IDLEDES (Desired Idle) was scaled incorrectly.
· When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
Workaround: EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.
· When Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and a PID is selected from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), (i.e. RPM) then when the log file is opened in the V8 software for viewing, the TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
Workaround: None. It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available.
· Version number synchronization.
· Added support for new command line options to configure AutoCal's "Can Self-Sign" and "Maximum VIN Slots" settings.
· Boot block has been updated to V2.07.008 (Jul 04, 2018) to fix an internal flash erase/reprogramming issue that may cause FlashScan and AutoCal to lock-up during internal configuration updates, requiring a power cycle to recover.
· When attempting to log data in stand-alone mode on FlashScan HD or AutoCal HD when not connected to a vehicle, the error message $0280 "No Vehicle Detected" would be displayed for about 15 seconds and could not be cleared by pressing the OK button.
· Updated J1939 (heavy duty) protocol to correctly handle out of sequence packets.
· Cummins 2010-2018 Quick Start.pdf.
· Cummins BootRSA Patch User Guide.pdf.
· Cummins HD User Guide.pdf
· EFILive V8 Reference.pdf
· EFILive Error Codes.pdf.
· EFILive Command Line Reference.pdf.
· Problems Flashing a Controller https://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=8254-QOGC-9586
· Added VIN License Replacement Policy https://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=3889-RPAJ-5546
· Added Controller Recovery Process https://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=7233-PHJN-8346