EFILive V7.5 and V8 Release Notes
Apr, 2016 BETA
● V7.5 Software: V7.5.7, Build 304
● V8 Software: V8.2.2, Build 295
● FlashScan/AutoCal Firmware: V2.07.98 (Apr 08, 2016)
● FlashScan/AutoCal Boot Block: V2.07.07 (Feb 07, 2014)
Updates in the most recent release are shown in orange.
∑ CME 2016 operating system support; including CSP5 for selected OS's.
∑ CME 2013-16 Cummins 6.7L Transmission parameters.
∑ CMD 2010-12 Cummins 6.7L Transmission parameters.
∑ E39 Ė added support for 12661794
∑ E83B Ė added support for 6 new OSís, parameter changes for all OSís.
● E92 Ė added support for 3 new OSís.
● E80 Ė added support for 4 new OSís.
● E78 Ė added support for 3 new OSís.
● E39 Ė added support for 6 new OSís, parameter changes for all OSís.
● T43 Ė added support for 3 new OSís.
● T87 Ė added support for 1 new OSís, parameter enhancements for all OSís
● AL5 Ė fixed calibration display issue for calibration D5008 in OS 15196784
● E98 Ė initial calibration release & DSP release for USA E98 controllers.
● E98 Ė parameter enhancements for existing OSís.
● A50 Ė initial calibration release for 2011-15 A50 controllers.
● E20 Ė added support for 2 new OSís.
● Added Auto-Lock for selected operating systems for A50, E78, E92 and T43 controllers. A minor restriction exists for the A50 Auto-Locking: Auto-Locked files cannot be cal-flashed into A50 controllers, they must always be full-flashed.
● Added DMA PIDs to E92 controllers.
● Added DMA PIDs to E98 controllers.
● Prevented tool-tip popup that showed the mapís filename from displaying on the Scan Tool maps. The tool-tip now only displays when the mouse pointer hovers over the map title.
● Default scan tool maps were not being included in the V7 installation defaults folder.
● When Black
Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and a PID is selected from
the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the
engine controller (ECM), (i.e. RPM) then when the log file is opened in the V8
software for viewing, the TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from
the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its
name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
Workaround: None. It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available.
● Cummins transmission PIDís have been added to the V8 Scan Tool.† (Option will not be enabled in V7 Scan Tool)
● Cummins Fast CAN Mode (for CMD and CME controllers) gives the ability to control flash speed.† Fast CAN Mode is estimated to be 40% faster.
● Added Pass-thru data logging.
● Added user definable Scan Tool Maps on the [F2: Scan]->[F6: Maps] tab page.
● Update the Scan Tool Chart right-click menu copy options to make them consistent with the newly released Scan Tool Mapís right-click options.
● When saving *.pld data log files that were originally imported from *.efi (black box and V7 data log files) the original filename is used with the new *.pld extension.
● When importing *.efi data log files, if any PIDs were not able to be imported and the data was saved as a *.pld file, then the data in the *.pld file would not be loaded correctly the next time the *.pld file was loaded.
● When importing *.efi data log files, that contain both engine and transmission PIDs, while selecting only an engine or transmission controller instead of both, a list of PIDs that could not be imported (because their controller was not selected) is displayed.
● Using the task-bar, short-cut menu to open *.pld files while EFILive V8 was already running did not work.
● Fixed problem with calculated PIDs not resolving partially qualified PID names. E.g. pid("WO2S.WO2AFR1") would resolve correctly, pid("WO2AFR1") would not.
● Fixed problem where the quick-start list, right-click, context menu item ĒUpdate All ItemsĒ would delete the VIN and OS from *.efi items in the Scan Tool quick start list.
● USB Manager is now supported on Windows 10.
● Fixed CVNs not displaying correctly for speedometer and System segments on some E67 controllers.
● Authentication code was not being generated correctly for very old FlashScan V2 devices.
● Fixed Access Violation if a PID selection filter is active when a new scan data log file is opened.
● Fixed Scan Tool not displaying signed negative values correctly.
● When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with ď_MĒ or ď_DMAĒ), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data. EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.
● Updates for new CMD/CME controllers
● Prevented timer signals being incorrectly directed to the low speed CAN bus by blue FlashScan devices.
● Cummins 2006-2009 Quick Start.pdf
● Cummins 2010-2016 Quick Start.pdf
● Cummins 6p7L CM2350B CSP5 User Guide.pdf
● EFILive Software Testing Guidelines.pdf
● EFILocker COS Patch.pdf
● Cummins 5p9L CM849 CSP5 User Guide.pdf
● Cummins 6p7L CM2100A CSP5 User Guide.pdf
● Cummins 6p7L CM2200 CSP5 User Guide.pdf
● Cummins 6p7L CM2350B CSP5 User Guide.pdf
● Duramax 2p8L 2014-2016 DSP4 User Guide.pdf
● Duramax E98 2014-2016 Quick Start.pdf
● EFILive AutoCal Info For Tuners.pdf
● EFILive Error Codes
● Locking FAQ.
● Move Tune and Log Files to/from FlashScan V2/AutoCal