EFILive V7.5 and V8 Release Notes
May, 2016 BETA 3
● V7.5 Software: V7.5.7, Build 306
● V8 Software: V8.2.2, Build 297
● FlashScan/AutoCal Firmware: V2.07.100 (May 10, 2016)
● FlashScan/AutoCal Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014)
Updates in the most recent release are shown in orange.
● CMD and CME Cummins 6.7L table bug fixes.
● CMD and CME Cummins 6.7L Transmission table bug fixes.
● CME 2016 operating system support; including CSP5 for selected OS's.
● CME 2013-16 Cummins 6.7L Transmission parameters.
● CMD 2010-12 Cummins 6.7L Transmission parameters.
● E83B – added support for OS12657113
● E39 – regeneration of calibration files for cam tables bug fixes.
● E80 – support for 2 new OS’s and bug fixes for existing OS’s.
● E39 – added support for 12661794
● E83B – added support for 6 new OS’s, parameter changes for all OS’s.
● E92 – added support for 3 new OS’s.
● E80 – added support for 4 new OS’s.
● E78 – added support for 3 new OS’s.
● E39 – added support for 6 new OS’s, parameter changes for all OS’s.
● T43 – added support for 3 new OS’s.
● T87 – added support for 1 new OS’s, parameter enhancements for all OS’s
● E35B – removal of DSP5 for un-supported operating system.
● AL5 – fixed calibration display issue for calibration D5008 in OS 15196784
● E98 – initial calibration release & DSP release for USA E98 controllers.
● E98 – parameter enhancements for existing OS’s.
● A50 – initial calibration release for 2011-15 A50 controllers.
● E20 – added support for 2 new OS’s.
● CMD & CME Cummins 6.7L scan tool enhancements.
● CMD & CME Cummins 6.7L transmission table enhancements.
● Split editor tool bar button [+/-] into two distinct buttons: [+] to add specified value and [-] to subtract specified value.
● Split editor tool bar button [%] into two distinct buttons: [+%] to add specified percentage and [-%] to subtract specified percentage.
● Added the missing right-click context menu back into the V7 Scan Tool Maps display.
● Added Auto-Lock for selected operating systems for A50, E78, E92 and T43 controllers. A minor restriction exists for the A50 Auto-Locking: Auto-Locked files cannot be cal-flashed into A50 controllers, they must always be full-flashed.
● Added DMA PIDs to E92 controllers.
● Added DMA PIDs to E98 controllers.
● Prevented tool-tip popup that showed the map’s filename from displaying on the Scan Tool maps. The tool-tip now only displays when the mouse pointer hovers over the map title.
● Allowed Virtual VE coefficients tables to be included in calibration comparisons and script generation.
● Added new option (Menu: Edit->Properties->Options->Script Creation) to allow script files to be generated in the opposite direction. Instead of always generating scripts using the alternate calibration as the target, now you can generate scripts using the current calibration as the target.
● CMD & CME Cummins 6.7L calibration table bug fixes.
● CMD & CME Cummins 6.7L scan tool minor bug fixes.
● Some E86B operating systems were not being recognized correctly.
● Default scan tool maps were not being included in the V7 installation defaults folder.
When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs
whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched
off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not
terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log
automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
Workaround: EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.
● When Black
Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and a PID is selected from
the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the
engine controller (ECM), (i.e. RPM) then when the log file is opened in the V8
software for viewing, the TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from
the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its
name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
Workaround: None. It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available.
● Changed the measurement system name: “Imperial” to “Custom” to better reflect EFILive’s use of US customary units rather than the British imperial units.
● Changed scan tool charts’ search/filter error messages to be less terse and to better describe the actual problem.
● Added the options: Delete and Crop to the chart’s right click context menu.
Added additional PIDs to the chart
TP is expanded to TP, TP_A, TP_D and TP_F
RPM is expanded to RPM and RPM_F
MAP is expanded to MAP, IMP and MAP2.
● When 30 data frames or less are visible in the charts display, the mouse cursor will remain visible to aid left-right mouse navigation across the charts.
● Cummins transmission PID’s have been added to the V8 Scan Tool. (Option will not be enabled in V7 Scan Tool)
● Cummins Fast CAN Mode (for CMD and CME controllers) gives the ability to control flash speed. Fast CAN Mode is estimated to be 40% faster.
● Added Pass-thru data logging.
● Added user definable Scan Tool Maps on the [F2: Scan]->[F6: Maps] tab page.
● Update the Scan Tool Chart right-click menu copy options to make them consistent with the newly released Scan Tool Map’s right-click options.
● Added [Back] and [Cancel] buttons to the “Not all PIDs could be imported” dialog box. Selecting [Back] allows you to re-select different controller(s), selecting [Cancel] cancels loading the log file.
● A user friendly warning is now displayed when the Scan Tool cannot connect to the selected controller(s).
● A warning is now displayed when starting a log file that would overwrite the currently loaded log file (even if the log file does not require saving).
● When saving a dashboard, the currently selected controller(s) are now saved with it. When loading a dashboard file if a log file is not open then the Scan Tool will pre-select the controller(s) named in the dashboard prior to loading the dashboard. That ensures the correct controller(s) is/are selected so that the dashboard’s PIDs are valid. If a log file is open then the log file’s controller(s) and PIDs remain selected.
● When selecting Auto Detect from the [F2: Scan]->[F2: PIDs] tab page, the Auto Detect window now starts out with no controller(s) selected.
● Device setting files can now be targeted to a specific device. Useful for protecting against accidentally programming settings into the wrong device when multiple devices are connected.
● Changed the names of the EFILive supplied default dashboards that previously contained the term “Imperial” in the name. Imperial has been replaced by “Custom”. The term Custom is more accurate than Imperial because the dashboards use US Customary units, not Imperial units.
● Dashboard files can now be saved even while the dashboard property editor windows are active.
● Controller selection may now be changed while a log file is loaded. This will clear the log file (with a warning message). Note: Changing the controller will flag the dashboard as needing to be saved.
● Changed sample dashboard filenames to include the controller type.
● Added a sample map to each sample dashboard.
● Allow dash to be saved while property editors are open. This can get complicated when for example you edit a chart, then save the chart, then discard or undo the changes. The changes are actually saved in the dash file, but the changes have been undone from the dashboard on the screen.
● Fixed problem with E83 black box reading setup that caused $0504 error.
● Fixed error caused when the [F6: Devices] window is open and you click on the [Edit AutoCal Settings] button in the [F5: BBX]->[F6:Quick Setup] window, the error “Cannot make a visible window modal” is displayed.
● Fixed problem cause when using the [F8: Tools]->[F2: Search]->[Browse] tab page to browse for EFILive files, the folder contents displayed in the right hand list view can unexpectedly switch back to the folder that is currently highlighted in the left hand tree view.
● Fixed VIN/OS columns when using the [F8: Tools]->[F2: Search]->[Browse] tab page. Those columns were not populated when the “Extract Part Numbers From File” option was selected.
● Fixed issue where deleting frames from log files would fail if more frames were selected than the number of horizontal pixels displayed in the charts display.
● Fixed “Integer overflow” issue when opening corrupt/damaged tune files.
● When unlinking AutoCals, the “Can Self Sign” option is now also cleared.
● Fixed [F6: Devices] window so that it now correctly shows the currently open *.dat file in the window’s title bar.
● If the chart inspector is on a frame that no longer exists after deleting or cropping frames or applying a filter, then it is now automatically repositioned to the closest existing frame.
● Cropping data in the charts display after making a selection by clicking and dragging the mouse from right to left causes all data to be deleted instead of just the unselected data.
● The chart frame count was displayed one frame less than the true frame count when no data was selected.
● When saving *.pld data log files that were originally imported from *.efi (black box and V7 data log files) the original filename is used with the new *.pld extension.
● When importing *.efi data log files, if any PIDs were not able to be imported and the data was saved as a *.pld file, then the data in the *.pld file would not be loaded correctly the next time the *.pld file was loaded.
● When importing *.efi data log files, that contain both engine and transmission PIDs, while selecting only an engine or transmission controller instead of both, a list of PIDs that could not be imported (because their controller was not selected) is displayed.
● Using the task-bar, short-cut menu to open *.pld files while EFILive V8 was already running did not work.
● Fixed problem with calculated PIDs not resolving partially qualified PID names. E.g. pid("WO2S.WO2AFR1") would resolve correctly, pid("WO2AFR1") would not.
● Fixed problem where the quick-start list, right-click, context menu item ”Update All Items” would delete the VIN and OS from *.efi items in the Scan Tool quick start list.
● USB Manager is now supported on Windows 10.
● Fixed CVNs not displaying correctly for speedometer and System segments on some E67 controllers.
● Authentication code was not being generated correctly for very old FlashScan V2 devices.
● Fixed Access Violation if a PID selection filter is active when a new scan data log file is opened.
● Fixed Scan Tool not displaying signed negative values correctly.
● Fixed “Auto Detect” not working in scan tool.
● Synchronized frame counter and time stamp across all tab pages after clearing log file or starting new log.
● Synchronized time stamp across all tab pages while recording is paused.
● Log filename in title bar was not being updated after clearing log file or starting new log.
● Save dashboard and save log file prompts sometimes appear even when no changes have been made.
● Changing scan tool controller selection while a PID search is active may result in an access violation.
● Controller selection display was not being updated when opening a log file.
● Save button becomes enabled after selecting a transmission controller that is incompatible with the selected engine controller.
● Changing the zoom factor of a chart while playback was paused caused the chart display to become corrupted.
● Opening a new dashboard file does not ask to save current dashboard modifications.
● Double clicking desktop icon while EFILive V8 is already running causes an “Unsupported file type” error message.
● Selecting PIDs by dragging a group header (such as EDA PIDs) to the PID selection twice cause multiple blank lines to appear at the end of the PID selection list.
● Beta Warning display prevents main window redrawing correctly if main window was maximized when previously shutdown.
● Fixed bug that prevented the wide band stoichiometric value from being stored on FlashScan and AutoCal devices correctly. Under some circumstances a value such as 14.7 would get rounded to 15, then stored as a stoich value of 0.15.
● Changed the [F8: Tools]->[F2: Search]->[Browse] tab page to use “Controller” as a column header instead of “Stream”.
● Fixed Access violation when scroll bar is moved while no data exists. Part of this fix also standardized the visibility of the zoom bar. It is now only visible when data exists.
● When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with “_M” or “_DMA”), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data. EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.
● Added option to automatically save a trace file if/when black box reading or flashing fails. The auto-save feature is enabled by default, change it using the F4 Options -> F1 Setup -> F1 Edit Settings -> Trace option. Or use the EFILive V8 Device Settings window: [F6: Devices]->[F7: BBX]->”Automatically save trace file if read or flash fails.”. Note: If there is not enough space on the device’s [Data] file system then the trace file will not be saved.
● Boot block and firmware version numbers are now displayed with 3 digits for the version number, like this: V2.07.100.
● Updates for new CMD/CME controllers
● Added extended license validation to prevent VIN licensing using phantom serial numbers: “400000000” and “800000000”.
● Prevented timer signals being incorrectly directed to the low speed CAN bus by blue FlashScan devices.
● EFILocker COS Patch.pdf
● EFILive Error Codes
● Cummins 2006-2009 Quick Start.pdf
● Cummins 2010-2016 Quick Start.pdf
● Cummins 6p7L CM2350B CSP5 User Guide.pdf
● EFILive Software Testing Guidelines.pdf
● Cummins 5p9L CM849 CSP5 User Guide.pdf
● Cummins 6p7L CM2100A CSP5 User Guide.pdf
● Cummins 6p7L CM2200 CSP5 User Guide.pdf
● Cummins 6p7L CM2350B CSP5 User Guide.pdf
● Duramax 2p8L 2014-2016 DSP4 User Guide.pdf
● Duramax E98 2014-2016 Quick Start.pdf
● EFILive AutoCal Info For Tuners.pdf
● Locking FAQ.
● Move Tune and Log Files to/from FlashScan V2/AutoCal